It’s that time of year where many go on their holidays and I am one of the few that loves packing a suitcase, and getting my hand luggage ready well ahead of time in order to have a stress free trip.
I have finally managed to take a minimalist attitude and pack only the necessities, here are my top 10 on-board luggage items (in no particular order)
- Face Wipes: Antibacterial, baby wipes or cosmetic wipes whichever you prefer they are a handy item for keeping refreshed during and after your flight.
- iPod/iPad: I love downloading films onto my iPad for those long flights to keep me entertained. Some flights can be noisy so I love popping my headphones in and listening to some chilled music that I can nod off to.
- Book:You can’t go wrong with a good book! I have to travel with at least 2 books to keep me entertained and help calm my travel anxiety.
- Moisturiser: My skin tends to dry out when flying so I always carry a little bottle of face cream to keep my hands and face hydrated. Just make sure it’s 50ml or under!
- Notebook and pen: I carry a notebook and pen everywhere I go to doodle and write lists or general ramblings. Inspiration can come at any time so I always like to have something to hand.
- Scarf: Planes can get cold, so I always pack an over sized scarf to keep me warm or to use as a pillow.
- Camera: I always take my SLR camera on board as I don’t like leaving it in my suitcase. It also means I can take a few snaps around the airport whilst waiting for my flight. Alongside this I take Jamie’s gopro, it is the perfect travel camera for catching those action shots and underwater moments.
- Deodorant/Lip balm/Hair ties: Take a little beauty bag onto your flight and fill it with a few essentials. My extremely thick, long wavy hair is always getting in the way so I love to have a few different hairbands tucked away or on my wrist. Lip balm prevents dry cracked lips on long-haul flights and if you want to feel a bit more glamorous when stepping into arrivals then take a little nude lipstick. Deodorant is an obvious one, planes are sweaty places so I always take a small spray or roll on.
- Bottle of water: Stay hydrated by purchasing a bottle water at the airport. Even if you want to have a nightcap while on board, taking a bottle or water will prevent dehydration. Sometimes I take vitamin C tablets or rehydralyte with me so if i’m feeling a little nauseous or under the weather I can pop one of these into my water.
- Snacks: If you are like me and get a little peckish during a flight then pack a few snacks. I like to take a cereal bar, a small packet of crisps and then either some biscuits or a small pack of sweets to get a quick sugar boost.
What are your travel essential? Leave a comment below!
Leave a Reply