Growing up on the South Coast was fantastic. The long walks along the pebbled beaches of Brighton, playing on the Palace Pier arcades and eating ice cream on the promenade was all highlights of my childhood.
Brighton is such a wonderful place and I am going to share with you all the best bits of Brighton and why should you consider visiting or even moving to this seaside city.
- Anything goes in Brighton! People don’t notice the wacky outfits or the funny characters and more impotantly people don’t care or judge.
- The nightlife is pretty awesome. There is a whole choice of pubs to visit during the day and a selection of vibrant clubs to choose from in the evenings. If you are looking for a quiet meal out or you are looking to pull an all-nighter then you will be spoilt for choice in Brighton.
- Pride. Every year Brighton has a massive Pride party celebrating LGBT lives and the whole town comes to life. You can see parades on the seafront in the morning and then party along St James’s street in the evening. Watch drag queens, sing your heart out and dance with the locals, a pride party shouldn’t be missed.
- The parks – calm spots green dotted around the city, you can find a lovely shady spot on your lunch break or take a picnic and make a day of it.
- The Pavillion. Such an iconic and beautiful building both inside and out, it is really worth visiting!
- Devils Dyke. A bit of countryside in the City, the Dyke has superb views, you can hike up the hills or take an open-topped bus along the coastal route.
- Coffee shops. There is so many coffee shops and cafes to sit and grab a spot of lunch, curb your writer’s block or meet an old friend.
- Palace Pier – There is nothing better than being a tourist in Brighton. Eating some fish and chips on the pier, going on the ghost train or riding on the carousel and just enjoying the views while listening to the sounds of the sea.
I could go on forever as there is so much to love about Brighton but I recommend you come here for yourself and explore what it has to offer! If you fancy moving to Brighton then go ahead do an address lookup and consider the move!
Have you ever been to Brighton? If so what do you love about it? Leave me a comment below.